CATCHING UP....

Last week I had the chance to catch up with my friend Tiggy. We do the usual email, facebook and phone calls (although they are the rarity) but haven't actually had any face to face contact since her move years ago to sunny Brisbane.

In reality I was a bit worried, what if we had nothing to talk about?
Those of you who know Tiggy will know I had nothing to worry about.

I think her opening sentence was 'This is summer, where the hell is the sun?'....and we didn't stop talking till I dropped her back off at the corner (sounds much worse than it actually was).

Catching up with a friend who you haven't seen in a long time- usually goes the same way. You talk about your life- your children,  your partners, about your home...and since Tiggy and I both work in libraries, we talked about work as well. Although she doesn't tend to dress up in santa hats, reindeer antlers or pirate costumes as much as I do...perhaps that is just me? No, it's simply Youth Services.

Actually we talked about everything...and anything....

and apart from a coffee stop and lunch...we kept on talking.

The one thing about talking with a writer though, is the inspiration.

We talked about what we've done, what we've written, what we are working on.

Where we have gone, who we have seen, who we think is wonderful. (It makes me realise how little I have gone into the city this year --insert sad face)

Talked about what we aren't writing, what we want to write....what inspires, what stops us, what encourages us, what makes us wonder what the hell are we doing.

Often this is all we need---another shoulder to lean on, a friendly ear to listen, some timely advice.

Unfortunately I was ill the night she was a guest at Passionate Tongues - so missed seeing her perform but  I know she would have kicked it.  She always does.


It was great to catch up, to talk...and more importantly to know we are still on the same wavelength.
Still believe in what we are doing.
Still writing.

Vicki
http://vickithornton.weebly.com/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....