WINDING DOWN...

This week is the week when I run the last of the children's programs. It means a lot of Christmas earrings and jingle bells, candy canes and letters to Santa. Lots of goodbyes from the kiddies moving onto Kindergarten and those heading to school.

And even though there are still a few weeks till the end of the year, it's this moment when (at work) we look back to see what worked, what didn't, and even though we are prepped till after the Easter holidays 2020, we are working out what could be tweaked and adjusted.


This time of the year is chaos. (Had to laugh at one Mum who told me I could now have a 'well deserved break' )

Some of you may find it organised chaos, but to me it's strictly I-HAVE-NO-IDEA-WHAT-I'M-DOING kind of chaos.

Today, in an effort to find my Christmas Spirit,  I did some wrapping of presents (while watching ELF) and have been singing Santa Clause is Coming to Town loudly (cat only giving mild glares)

And no matter how determined I am to be ready for Christmas each year, it always sneaks up on me.


I had so many plans for this year. So many things I wanted accomplished, achieved and ticked off my ever growing TO DO list.

Hmmmm.

I recently checked my Writing Goals for 2019.

Double hmmmm.

I have diverged. Diverged a lot. I think I achieved perhaps two items on my list (small very easily achieved items) and the rest were left neglected. That's not saying I did nothing. I did things, just not things I thought I wanted to do at the beginning of the year.


It has been an 'interesting' year in a lot of ways....so the fact that I got anything done was an achievement in itself.

I hope your year is beginning to slow down.  That you have time to look back and appreciate what you have achieved.

For me it's learning not to take anything for granted.

I'll make some notes for next year. What worked for me this year, what practices to put into action for next year. What I would like to work on. What to leave alone.

And what I would like to focus on.

Until then though, there is Christmas to survive!

Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....