ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS....

Yep, that time of the year when folks everywhere are panicking and asking 'so what do you want?'
As a gardener there a million things I dream over. Oh and ah over. Drool and imagine over.

As a writer, it gets a bit more difficult. I have pens, in fact a LOT of pens. The really cute and quirky ones magically disappear and I'm left with those 'buy a packet of 20' ones that still work.

When used.

Notepads and notebooks are always nice to receive. I have a few writing friends who I envy because their novel ideas are neatly put into these A4 notepads. They have images and pictures, they have maps and terrains marked out. I dream of someday doing this.

But what to get me as a writer?

 How about a place to write...perhaps a cabin in the woods? Hmmm actually I live in a log cabin, in a forested area.




A place by the beach so I can wander the shores while dreaming of my characters?


This could be a contender folks! Watch this space...

Actually what I would so much prefer would be my writing area all cleaned and tidied and looking welcoming.


My desk area will NEVER look like this.


Or this. In fact I'm too embarrassed to show you what my area looks like at the moment. It does have a lot of crap  important stuff there, resting regally. 

'Stuff' such as Christmas presents, cards, gift tags, bits of wrapping paper that I might just get to reach around a present, notes for next year, notes for work, ideas for work, a box of craft items for the grand children, reindeer antlers, list of MUST READS, a felt bee, gold dinosaur brooch, an audio book, a unicorn head band etc etc.

All vital WRITING ingredients.
NOT.

But this is something I must do by myself, for myself.

I was thinking of a mentor... someone to push me, cajole me, inspire me.


But I have my writing group and my squirrel buddy- all of which are inspiring and encouraging.

In truth, I would love some focus.

I'm very good at aimlessly wandering. Doing a bit of this, a bit of that and having nothing solid at the end of a session, or even a year.


So I would like some focus and a good healthy dose of self belief.

Confidence is something I so lack, in not only my everyday life but definitely in my writing.

So perhaps I shouldn't be thinking of 'things' for Christmas but for some self love.
Some confidence in what I do, and a good selection of focus!


And perhaps this door mat?






Comments

  1. Its really nice blog what you shared. That collection gives good information. Keep update with your blogs. Your website deserves much more visitors. For more details visit us at VIT- Victorian Institute Of Technology

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....