I'M BORED.....



We went recently to see the show Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (great show, not only for kids!). We took Little Miss (who I'm afraid will be Little Miss forever in my eyes ), daughter, other half and myself.

There were dumplings before hand, much walking from car park to said dumplings then to the theatre. We found our seats fifteen minutes before the show started when Little Miss said 'I'm bored, entertain me.'



She was told, politely, to suck it up. That the show would start soon and surely she could entertain herself for (by now, ten minutes).

She shook her head.

'I need internet or something,' glancing hopefully to my handbag. Not a chance.

Her aunt got her to look around the theatre to find out who the youngest person was (baby of about three months)....then she began to count seconds. Very very fast seconds.

It is an interesting phenomena that we don't allow people to be bored.



Boredom is necessary. Especially for children. It teaches them to be creative, and is a skill they have to learn. Everyone gets bored at sometime or other.

But being bored, doesn't mean there is nothing to do. Usually there are a million and one things that could be done, we just don't want to do them. 

Interestingly, I think some people fear boredom. They have to be doing all the time. Move from one great adventure to another, one activity to the next. 

I have so many days when I feel bored. That I think life is just one big yawn. Of course on these days there are so many, usually unexciting, things I could be doing.

Should be doing.

It's all about the mind set. 

Which is why, when Little Miss (or Baby girl or Baby boy) complains of boredom, yet again- they will be left (under supervision) to their own devices.

It's always amazing what they can learn when they find something to do. When they become interested in something else, become creative and motivated.




I'll just have to remember this when I'm feeling bored. Turn it into something creative. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....