AUTUMNAL GLORY...

I just adore Autumn. It's the combination of the settling down of the year, when the heat from Summer has gone, yet the chilled days of Winter are just about to creep in. And then there are the trees!



 Living in the Dandenong Ranges means I am surrounded by gorgeous deciduous trees, and although it has been a slow Autumn, it has now hit with a bang.

It is just gorgeous. We also have a range of trees in our garden that are showing their beauty.


 I love walking out there to admire them. The colours are so inspiring. Watching as they ever so slowly lose their coat of green, and seemingly overnight, appear clad in shades of sunsets.

Gusts of wind, like the past few days, and the ground is covered in a flurry of colour.


All this natural beauty leaves me tongue tied.
I head out and attempt to take photo after photo. Hoping in some manner to capture what I see. It never works. The eye sees so much more than can ever be manually created.

Yet I keep trying.

I also find myself attempting some haiku. Trying to put down in words some of how I feel. I'm not good at haiku at all. I do enjoy reading it, especially some like these...


Stunning.


So giving myself this small mini challenge, is inspiring me. A haiku, after all, has very little wordage. However the wordage has to be perfect.

Sharp.
Exact.
Each and every word vital.

So, as I head outside, once again in vain attempt to photograph what I'm oohing and ahhing over...I'm putting words together. Hearing their rhyme and rhythm, letting them roll off my tongue.



And hoping something comes close to how I feel.

Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....