THE JOYS OF SPRING...

Every time autumn rolls around I think it's my favourite season, but then along comes spring and I change my mind. There is just something magical about it. The promise of so many new things after the long dark chill that is winter.


It doesn't hurt that the weather begins to warm---well it gets a bit warmer. The days become longer, the sun surfaces (occasionally)...and of course the flowers bloom.


It all just makes me feel so happy. And creative. With a strong yearning for adventure and travels and discoveries.

I get itchy feet and want to go places.


This time of the year I find it difficult to do the hard slog. The editing and redrafting and all the nitty gritty.

I find it exciting to begin something new yet again.


But even though this call for newness and first drafts is demanding, there is the understanding that there is other work to finish. Drafts to slog through. Chapters to tighten, timelines to wrangle.

Although a part of me wonders if it is possible to only begin new things in spring, when so motivated.


It could lead to many problems down the track if not properly supervised.

One major problem is that I'm not a huge fan of summer. I melt. I turn into a puddle that simply wants to blob. I find it hard to function in extreme heat. I don't find it invigorating or motivational---I find it draining and tiring.

So if I did begin major works in spring, I would have to finish them in that same said spring. Very tight deadline.


But am I using this seasonal inspiration as another form of procrastination?

Can I write new beginnings in spring---do nothing in the heat of summer----become motivated again in autumn  ---then begin the hibernation of a dismal dull winter?

It makes for a long, long year with very little accomplished. Perhaps it is best to simply push on. Keep the joy and excitement that I feel this season and try to keep motivated during the others.

Time to think of it seriously. I mean it would be lovely to say 'I'll go to work in spring and autumn but really don't want to leave the bed, let alone the house in winter. And I'll go to work in summer only because they have good air conditioning.'

Alas, the seasons don't influence work that way. Or my attendance. It is a necessary evil.

Time, I fear, to enjoy what I like about the seasons. To use the seasonal inspiration when I can and become determined when I feel myself flagging.

I do have a few goals to aim for by the end of the year. They require work...and working throughout the remainder of spring and into summer. Then there will be more goals to aim for.

I shall have to come up with a list of what inspires about each season and use that for motivation.



And keep to a strict deadline...that should also help when I simply want to do nothing.

Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BLUE....