INSPIRATIONS....

I'm usually not one for being hugely inspired by people. Don't get me wrong, there are countless people out there that I truly admire, think what they do is just wonderful and wish I could have a small percentage of their courage / beliefs / understanding / passion / strength etc.

However I recently went to a birthday party for a lovely lady who really does inspire me. Annette just turned 80. Yep 80.


That in itself is a feat these days but Annette is more than her years. She is one of the most kind hearted and caring people I know. She believes there is good in everyone, and although she does have certain definite ideals and beliefs, is willing to listen to another's point of view.

But what truly inspires me is that she makes the most out of everyday. She sings in a choir, she learnt how to play piano, she line dances and recently took private tango lessons. Tango lessons!

She joined toast masters, writes and paints, goes to local theatre...the list goes on and on.

Annette admits there are days that it's hard to get out of bed, but she tells herself there is a day ahead of her, who knows if there will be tomorrow, so make the most of it.


Annette's party was fun...no, actually it was FUN. She  is part of so many groups....has so many talented friends. She wanted a cabaret, a showcase of her friends and that's what happened.

Her daughter in law started the show, and what a voice! Fantastic...then some members of the choir she sings in got up, and with song sheets passed around, we all got to join in. The line dancing was up next, and most of the room, men and women, old and young were up for a go at that. There was a poem written and performed by local poet, there was more dancing. Nutbush, bus stop, macarena- then some tango. More singing, more dancing.

I'm repeating myself but it was fun.

What scares me most is all the time I'm wasting. So many things I've put off for so many reasons (most are ridiculous). Too scared to try this, don't want to look like an idiot so won't try that. And the worse excuse...'I'm too old'. Really? For what?

Is there an age limit on trying new things? On having a go?

Really don't want to be one of those people on their deathbed with a list of regrets.

So, happy birthday to a one-of-a-kind....and I hope that when I'm Annette's age, that I'm still doing half the things she does.

Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLANNING AHEAD...

UNTITLED....

FRESH START....