SO THAT WAS 2014....

Hard to believe, but another year is about to close it's door. Sometimes I must admit to being very unaware to what I have done, where the days, weeks, months have gone.

Surely it was just yesterday we were celebrating an engagement at our place....


same daughter went on to do the Oxfam walk....100kms....amazing! And we were a part of the support crew---very inspirational (although won't be doing that any time soon).

This year also saw rollerskating birthday parties...taking other half to Veu de Monde....watching Wuthering Heights at Rippon Lea as the bats whirled overhead....saw some live events .....this year included Le Mis and Rocky Horror....going to Grandparent Day at Kinder and Little Miss staying over for a night or two.


It was the year we took Dad to the Brown Brother's Patricia lunch...



the year we drove to South Australia for two days, to the Barossa Valley for a few wine barrels and some port....

The year my sister bought a house...not too far from the place they were renting....the year I painted the hallway.... kept taking my flower photographs and began a strange blog featuring a new member of the family.


It was also the year we travelled to Italy. It seems so long ago now but it was glorious....


from the place we stayed in Rome...


to the amazing sights....


and the people we met.



Heading back to Venice..


eating at a lovely seafood restaurant for our 32nd anniversary....




Then on to Florence and then the Amalfi Coast....divine...


It was also the year, after a few health scares in the family, I took a look at my own health and decided to do something about it- and yes I joined a gym. I'm what's called a 'work in progress' but we'll see how long it lasts. It's a slow process....but step by step...what doesn't kill me must make me stronger. 

Writing wise it was a very sparse year for me, and in fact it was the year I decided to give it a break for awhile. 


I did write ----over 75 bits and pieces. Some poems, some short stories. I also finished my children's novel and began the redraft. Went to a Travel writing masterclass for that push to get into my India non-fiction piece. 

I was also lucky enough to have had 2 of my poems translated into paintings. That was a buzz. 

Even though I decided to not write I have kept this blog going- four years last September.  So in reality I am still writing, putting down ideas and notions, other wise the flower photographs and monkey situations would merely be an image- no text at all.

It was a busy year and I have a sneaky suspicion next year will be just as crazy. 

But I intend to face next year with a bit more spunk- face it head on----COURAGE is my mantra for 2015.

So here's hoping that 2015 is good to all of us.


Vicki (aka The Library Fairy) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....