I'D RATHER BE....

At the moment, I'd rather be doing anything else but write.

And so I am...not writing that is. Oh I dabble, an attempt of a poem here, rejigging an idea there, but actual getting stuff done...it's not happening.

I sometimes like to think 'if only I had more time'.  Well I do have time, unfortunately I tend to spend it doing anything else but put pen to paper.

If for every photograph of a sunrise I took I wrote a short story....



Or every time I wandered in the garden snapping away at flowers and plants I spent the equal amount of time editing...

or redrafting....


Imagine how much work would get done.
But I don't.

Sometimes I get the guilts...I have this free time and I SHOULD be at the computer, hard at the novel...instead I am...



making tarts for the girls at work...(these limoncello tarts were delish by the way)

or stuffed toys.

Why exactly am I making toys? No babies in my life that would happily drool over them.
I make them because they are cute...I do bring them into Tinies Time and Storytime (the cutest little girl swooned over Humpty last week, she thought he was wonderful)...and I like some form of creativity.

Aha, creativity...there is that magic word. So why not use all that creativity spent making toys and cakes and tarts, and even trying to take that just right photograph, and use it to write?

I have no idea.

And of course I do like to go away...take a holiday each year... more time spent away from desk...


Not necessarily over seas (that just seems to have been the way it rolled the past few years)....but other half and I are a fan of travelling. Of getting out and about and seeing the world.


Let's face it, there are some wonderful sights out there.

Mind you when I travel I do take note pad and pen, I put down ideas and notions, attempt to capture moments in sporadic poetic forms...even tend to write a short story (or two).

It's the afterwards. We return, we struggle  , settle back into real life....and I tend to do not much with what I have written. Mostly 'not much' turns into NOTHING.

And then of course there is this year's form of procrastination....monkey.


And what a form of procrastination he is. Why did I start this? If I used the time spent on an idea, then wondering how I could capture that....what props could I use, how could I use them....if I used this time to write....
And really why am I doing this?


Because it's fun.

That I'm afraid sums it all up- I do the things I do, those time wasting creative things - because I enjoy them. It's fun.

At the moment writing isn't.

Yes I still dabble, still will put down something here and there...but the enjoyment for the moment is gone. The joy is not there.

Will I keep at it?


Don't know...just don't know.

Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLANNING AHEAD...

UNTITLED....

FRESH START....