WHERE DID WINTER GO?

The end of August- the end of winter....the year is racing ahead and I'm left wondering what on earth have I done?

This past month went too fast. And for most of it I was on holiday.


It was such a good time. No planning, no preparation, no meetings or work clothes, no deadlines or HAVE TO BE HERE AT SUCH AND SUCH A TIME. It was relaxing and enjoyable. It was refreshing and recharging.

I had thought I wouldn't write...but inspired by new sights, new experiences, new landscapes...the words flowed.


I came home with the beginnings of a short story (that I have already worked on)


and five poems...some of them based on the sights and sounds...some of them based on the characters we met...like the three taxi drivers (each with a dream), the woman coming to visit her grandchildren, tears streaming down her face at the airport...or even the Banksia Nut.



Or George- in one of his many guises.


And images are still whirling in my thoughts. I had hoped to put most of them down before the reality of work intruded (too late) but they are still there. And fingers crossed more ideas, poems and that short story will find their way to paper.

If not, perhaps another holiday is in order?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BLUE....