Thrombolites....

Well here we are in WA - finally got our hire car (what a saga that was ) and are in Dunsborough , south of Perth, for a few days...staying at the Wyndham Vacation Resort. Nice.

The weather has been lovely, sunny and warm enough for us to wear t-shirts during the day (take that Melbourne winter!)

But back to thrombolites.
We saw the sign while driving, and since on holiday and we can do whatever we want we decided to investigate.

This what we saw.... yes those submerged greenish creatures were what we were seeking (little did we know at the time)



and of course a nice walk through the bush and along the board walk to see Lake Clifton...


But there was no notice telling us that we can only see the thrombolites at certain times, as in low tide.

When viewed, at low tide, they look like this....


very interesting, and I'm not going into all the details now, (feel free to google for more information) but the two facts that interested me were
-they grow 1 mm per year
-they can only be seen clearly at certain times (as in low tide

Ah I thought, just like so much of my writing- so very slow to get anywhere and of course can only be seen during certain times - as in when I get my act into gear and send work out or make it to a venue and read my work.

So there you go, third day on holiday and I discover the similarities between my writing and thrombolites...stay tuned...who knows what else I will discover.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLANNING AHEAD...

UNTITLED....

FRESH START....