GIVING THINGS A GO.....

Must admit I'm a bit of a wuss/ woos, however you spell it. Won't scuba dive or snorkel (scared of deep water and being unable to swim properly, stops that) but most other things I, hopefully, will have a go. Given no time to back out of it or reconsider. Or in this case read the warning sign.

There is a tree near Pemberton, WA, called the Gloucester tree.


62 metres high Karri tree- with metal spikes forming a ladder of types, that if you wish you can climb ...to the top.

This of course was on Steve's TO DO list...it never made mine.

Come on he said, one step at a time. Hmmm.....really?



Well I retied my shoelaces, tight, adjusted the camera around my neck and tried to avoid reading the warning sign that began with CLIMB AT YOUR OWN RISK and ended somewhere with SUITABLE IF YOU HAVE A HEAD FOR HEIGHTS AND ARE FIT.

Well I'm ok with heights (have a thing about falling down but don't we all) as for fit - no way.
But, I decided why not? What's the worst that could happen?


So I began to climb. And climb...and climb. We met a woman coming down -it was a case of her climbing to the left and we climbing to the right and over her..but it was arranged.
And the only negative thought I had was 3/4 up the tree when I looked at one of the metal rungs I was standing on and thought 'what if it gives way? Will it hold my weight?' and with that thought I managed to scramble to the top. (Big thankyou to Miss Kim....I ached the next day with unused muscles but it was a lot easier than it might have been)


It was a great feeling. Huge sense of accomplishment and I wondered what else I could do if I'd only allow myself to have a go.

It's made me realise that I'm the one stopping myself from doing what I want to do. I'm the one telling myself I can't do that, or this or that over there. No one else is telling me. Just me.

I think it's time to put that negative voice to bed and see what else I can achieve.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....