GIVING UP....

I must admit I tend to give up too easily. I'll send a story or poem out once, have it come back rejected and perhaps I'll send it out again but I'm sure I have so many that I've only sent out once. Perhaps twice. Three times at the most.

A children's novel that I wrote a few years ago, sent that out, a publisher asked to see all of it and held on to it for nearly a year before I got the 'sorry not for us at this time' ...have I sent it out again? Once. And I do like this story, and friends tell me it's good. That it's worth sending out again.

So what's stopping me?

This is a tree outside the small town of Greenough WA. The southerly winds are so strong in this area that the trees grow horizontal. They don't give up, they struggle on and find their own way.



The next photo shows trees growing in the Nambung National Park, where the pinnacles are.
These trees are growing straight out of sand, struggling to survive amongst the limestone creations.

I've learnt that it's not necessarily survival of the fittest. That only the strongest will survive.

Most can survive, and thrive, if they don't give up. They may have to rethink it, and in the case of the trees either grow horizontal or even in sand where water is so scarce. But survive and grow they do.

So I have decided I give up too easily. If I believe in a story or poem or novel (and come to think about it what about the two novels I have gathering dust in the bookcase...some where?) I should and will send it out. Again. And again. And again. And if necessary again.

I must remember all those authors that had novels rejected time after time before getting their break.

Giving up is easy. It's the continuing that's the hardest.
Here's to perseverance.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....