THEY'RE HERE ....

Stories that is. Everywhere. Some come from snippets of overheard conversation
* 'I don't date anyone over twenty two.' I HAD to turn around to see which guy was talking.- can I mention he was no longer in his 20's- perhaps not even his 30's.

From observations
* A couple are dancing on the footpath- not waltzing but he's holding her close and swinging her round and round - no music plays
I wound down the window on the car to see if I could hear music - nothing- but the image made me smile- and wondering....

From personal anecdotes.
*Celebrating a friend's 70th with coffee and cake and he says he would love to write down his story (he has had the most INTERESTING  life) but doesn't know where to start- how to put it down on paper - he left school at 13 so thinks that he can't.

When he began the story 'Did I tell you we owned a boarding house in Wellington during the war?' you know you're onto something.
I've offered to help him put it all together when he's got the snippets, memories and stories down onto paper - I really hope he takes me up on it- he has such a story to tell- even if only for his children and grandchildren in the future.

The trouble is deciding which story to work on first. At the moment I'm working on a story about fishing- yes fishing. The idea came from our trip to NZ. We went on one of those fishing charters (I LOVE boats- fishing not as much - but put me on a boat and I'm happy  :) ) - and it was this image of one of the crew gutting and filleting the one fish caught (and kept) and the looks of envy on some of the other fishermen. From one image I'm weaving a story. That's the fun - that's where you begin the adventure and see where it takes you.

Talking of adventure - I will be a co-feature with Koraly Dimitriadis, Maxine Beneba Clarke and Geoff Fox at Passionate Tongues, Brunswick Hotel, Monday 22nd 8pm. Would love to see some friendly faces in the audience - it looks like it will be a good night of poetry and passion (You have to see these girls perform their poetry - wonderful stuff!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....