PUTTING PEN TO PAPER...

Mostly it's fingers to keyboard, but yes I am actually writing. YEAH! That was meant to be the idea for this week or so, a major push in the right (or should that be write) direction. :)

After the YA Masterclass with Libby Hathorn on the weekend I felt inspired enough to go back to my YA novel - work on a chapter - and even think back to the verse novel I never quite finished. Surprisingly enough I'm still interested in my characters, still want to know the journey they take.

I also am writing a poem a day for my nod to those doing the Nanowrimo - so here we are on day ten and I have ten poems down. Or put it more correctly ten ideas for poems. Some will never see the light of day, some I've already worked on and there was a bit of a theme for awhile. My daughter has left home, my baby, so there were a few poems based on the emotional roller coaster that entails. (including visits to hospital emergency departments, blood and stitches)

For added inspiration I went to Passionate Tongues on Monday night to see Graham Nunn and Tiggy Johnson feature. What a great (although late) night that was. An open mic that was full and varied - from ukulele playing to wrestling (you had to be there) - but the features were great. Different styles and voices but they complemented each other with the honesty they offer up. I have reviewed Graham's book 'Ocean Hearted' and it can be seen here on the Page Seventeen blog. 

Speaking of Page Seventeen - we launch Issue 8 this Saturday 13th November, 1 pm Burrinja Cafe, 135 Glenfern Road, Upwey.  So if you fancy the chance to buy a copy of a great magazine, to hear some wonderful prose and poetry, say hello to our guest Graham Nunn or even see myself transform into MC - be there.

Vicki

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....