POEM A DAY FOR MAY....

Every now and then I like to give myself a little push and choose a month where I write a poem every day. They don't have to be fantastic (let's face it, chances are they won't at all) but at the end of the month you have a slew of poems that you wouldn't have written otherwise.

Often called the Dirty Thirty... or there is a month designated for it such as NAPOWRIMO....I dither and dather and choose a month at random. I did like the alliteration of A POEM A DAY FOR MAY.


I have known of writers who are so organised, they set themselves up with a list of subjects and themes/ topics they want to tackle and so when they begin they already have a mindset.

I, of course, am not that organised. I stumble onto a few words here, few more there. Most of the poems occurred because of something I did that day, or saw, or felt.


There are poems about the wait for rain....how the world's problems are solved one sleepless night, only to recur the next night, and the next....


Poems that begin about an adventure we took, only to develop into a fascinated look at how we so differ looking at the world.


Poems about family...about what being a mother means to me.


About getting away with family and spending time....doing nothing but being there. So restful!


Poems about independent two year olds....


little dragon boys....


and grown up Miss Nine's.

There are also a few haiku...some lines that go nowhere but perhaps might (at some stage). Some poems that even if hastily put down, hold some power in their infant state.

I have three more days of poems to write and I will have my Dirty Thirty---well Thirty One in reality.


Some are serious looks at how memories are woven together to form a truth. Just one truth, not THE truth.


How looking back at old photos snags so many long forgotten times and places.



Some are humorous looks at trying to find a place to settle and relax. ALONE.

Because I have been unwell for a few days (cold hit me sideways) I even have a few scribbled lines about snottygobbles and woooozinnnnesssss ..,hmmmm yep those poems are GOLD.

It's a good challenge. Easy to do. No one else has to see them, you can delete them all at the end if you like, or hold onto them and work on those that show glints of magic.

Vicki https://vickithornton.weebly.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLANNING AHEAD...

UNTITLED....

FRESH START....