TREATS....

Last year, for a lot of us I'm sure, had a lot of ups and a hell of a lot more downs. Sometimes it felt like there were months of pure downs...so I've decided, in my wisdom, and in an attempt to keep my sanity, to have regular treats.

Something nice to look forward to each month. Doesn't have to be huge like an Overseas Trip (although that would be nice as well), but little things, a movie date, coffee and catch up with a friend, visit an open garden, walk along a beach.

My treat for February was going away for the weekend with two lovely friends.


We headed to Bendigo to go to this exhibition (which frankly we found disappointing). But the best thing about going on an adventure is the other places you venture.

We went to the Great Stupa of Universal Compassion.


A Buddhist monument being built.

It was amazing...


and so very serene.


We also wandered Bendigo. Unfortunately the Chinese Museum was closed but we did manage a walk..


admired the lotus sculpture


and even ventured into the gardens and found the flying foxes. With the temperature nudging 40 degrees, the poor things were so hot, all waving one arm/ wing in an attempt to cool themselves.


And of course, as all good book lovers do, we discovered a second hand book shop.


It was pretty dangerous to say the least.

It was such an enjoyable experience. The two lovelies were great to go away with...as if we'd done this dozens of times before. And even though I found the Frida exhibition disappointing I came away with two visuals that I noted down. Body parts being numbered was one of them..yep...numbered. My mind is already whirling with ideas where that can take me.

I also fell in love with this plaque at the entrance to one of the gardens.


Leaves you wondering whether your name would end up their with the 'good mothers' or not.

So my treat for February worked. I did come home tired, but feeling lucky to have such good friends and being able to get away, even for a few days.

As of yet I don't know what my treat for March will be, but I'm eager to get it sorted so it can be something positive to focus on when the downs try to take over once again.


Here's to positivity in 2019. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLANNING AHEAD...

UNTITLED....

FRESH START....