CHANGE OF PERSPECTIVE....

I am in no way an art person...craft yes. I will tinker and play around with most craft activities however when it come to art I have no idea. I am in total awe of those that take upon artistic endeavours.



I am drawn to colours...put a mash of colours that fight each other and I think, wow, want that for my garden.

On the weekend I managed to get myself out and about and went to the Red Tree Gallery
 for the opening of an exhibition by Yvette Stubbs.

I have known Yvette for years (we won't go into how many)..and have admired her work as a poet, writer and artist. I found the exhibition, a solo exhibition, amazing.


I loved the colours. The fluidity... the life and movement.


I stood in front of each piece of art just wondering how you do this.

How do you create a piece of art? Where do you begin?


Where do you end? 


How do you know which colours to use...and where?
 It is something I would love to do, however have no skills in the area at all. It's like music. I am totally in awe in those that can play a musical instrument or sing...sigh.

At Yvette's exhibition I loved the way the wave of colour emerged. Starting with the golden tones, through to the somber(ish) of browns and oranges, the purples, the blues and greens.  The rainbow swept the room...from painting to painting.

I left with such a bubble of thoughts. All about colour and contrast...of fluidity and movement.


Wondering if the clash and discordance I love in the garden can be used elsewhere.

Writing without colour and movement is flat and boring. Tedious and repetitive. It's those flashes of brilliance that makes a piece come alive.


It's something we hopefully do without thinking. Simply knowing we like the final product. That jarring hit of colour, not worrying too much about an overload of sensation.

It makes something ours.

Vicki 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BLUE....