BITS AND BOBS...

Five weeks in and while my hand is healing amazingly well, there are still so many limits to what I can do. Lifting is still a big no no (and of course, now with no bandage to remind me, I tend to reach for everything with that hand).

I also find a lot of things still uncomfortable. Clapping at Tinies Time...opening jars (how frustrating is that!)....and even using a mouse and keyboard for any amount of time.

So I have been doing very little writing (except some prep work for a few writing based programs at work). To keep me active to a certain extent in the writing world, I have been doing some character sketches.


I notice folks anyway... I find them so intriguing...but now I'm noting down how they look.

Not a -'she's five foot two, dark brown hair, brown eyes'. This is a basic police sketch.

I'm trying to give a feeling about them.


What they are doing. How they are acting. Any nervous habits...anything out of the ordinary? If normal...why are they normal. What is normal?


It's been good. 

I have a nice cache of character sketches. A few I think I can put into stories, they already intrigue me. I have questions about why or how or who...which is a great way to build a story. The majority will probably be ignored and eventually, months down the way, be deleted.

But I'm finding it a good way of looking and trying to extract the 'reality' in just a few words.


Most will know that I also love my garden, gardens in general and the big old world.

I'm also attempting to capture some natural moments.


This I suck at. 

Yep, big time.

But at least I'm giving it a go.


I find it so frustrating that I can never put down in words a scene.

But at least it's all practice.

And I'm learning.


Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....