IT ALL COMES DOWN TO CHOICE...

Everything comes down to choice. From the most basic choices to 'Do I get out of bed' or 'Do I stay snuggled and read all day.' Some factors come to the fore. Do I have to work? Is it a weekend/ day off?


Simple choices like 'what shall I wear today?' 
Once again, what we are doing does come into play. When I'm home I'm a slob. Jeans or trackies all day. Work is another matter...and once again it's choice. Do I want to wear a dress, some colour, all in black and an amazing piece of glitter? 

What shoe to wear?  Boring flats for work alas (too old to be on my feet in heels all day)

What do I have for lunch? Take something from home, buy something while out? Every little thing is a choice. Do I walk this way or take that path? Do I sit and veg out or clean the house? Do I put on the washing or finish reading this chapter?


What colour icing will I make? Where do I put green/ purple/ orange?

So many choices we make each and every day without thinking about it.


Some, like my 'autumnal destruction' have had a bit of thought involved. Plants too big for an area, or too old and leggy. Cut down, taken out. Gone.

The decision now is what to put in their place. 


I chose to plant this lovely fellow amongst my flamingoes. Just seemed the right place for him. MInd you there is an iris to the left that has to be moved. Wrong place. He will probably head up to the bed in the first picture. Don't exactly know where but...another choice. 

I keep thinking of these choices when I tell myself 'I don't have time to write.' Well yes I do. It comes down to choice. Do I veg out and watch the next episode in the series I'm watching or get out the laptop?

Simple choice. 

Do I work on an easy piece, like a brand new chapter or the hard edit of a poem that's driving me crazy! Another choice. 
We make choices every single moment. Some are so minute that we don't even realise we are making the. Others, of course, are huge. But it comes down to us.

Should I write or spend family time?


What sort of choice is that?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....