TAKING IT STEP BY STEP....

Another year, another list. Yep, that's me a list maker. Do I ever finish everything on my list...SOMETIMES.... OCCASIONALLY... hmmm perhaps seldom would be better. But a lot does get accomplished. It is often, I have noticed, the real I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS AT ALL items that remain. I am making the effort to do these first. Ring the doctor, dentist etc then something a tad more fun afterwards.

One of my recurring items on my list is TIDY MY DESK.




Being true to character I have tidied my small (tending to be overgrown) potting area. There are plans for a proper potting shed like structure...but until then, this small area outside the laundry is it.

I got Other Half to sort through his collection of t-shirts and old jeans. Bags for rubbish, a few to be donated. Two drawers tidied up.

After reading a 'Five minute wardrobe hack'...I did the easy option of turning all my coat hangers around the other way. It seems, that in a year's time you will know which clothes you wear because each time you wash and put an item back you turn the coat hanger the right way. Interesting.


Will see if it works. (If only there was a system for the clothes in the drawers!)

So as you can see, three days in and I'm still avoiding my desk area. Now there is a reason that it is in bit of a shambles. At the moment I'm prepping for 5 - yes count them - 5 storytimes, and 3 school holiday programs. I have ideas and notes, lists of household goods to get/ buy for science experiments.

I have pieces of mini golf paraphernalia around the place.


I have books on early literacy and notes.

I also (hangs head in shame) have Christmas tags, an empty box used at Christmas, some knitting, piles of magazine and felt (for that present I was going to make but never got around to) and a lot of other stuff that I'm not 100 % sure what it is.

So there is definitely room for improvement.


It's just up to me do decide to get into it.

I have to stop looking at the bigger picture and focus on one small job at a time. To not feel daunted by the HUGE job ahead of me, but to tackle perhaps the overflowing paper holder to the right of the desk.

Then one drawer in the filing cabinet.



 Admire the neat work accomplished, then move...slowly but surely...onwards.

I think I'm ready for a start.


If I head in the right direction.




Wish me luck

Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....