LEARNING CURVE...

Most of you know I do like my garden...in fact I like anyone's garden. So when I venture off to ooh and aahh over other's works of greenery art, I happily snap away. Only to return home with a lot of photos and a desire to change, add or construct in my own plot.

It has taken me a long time to finally realise that although I admire, love and covet what others have and how they garden...it's not always for me.


I go and admire something like this.

My potting area is a shambles and our deck looks like this...


With a few more pots... actually a lot more pots on it.

I fell in LOVE with this dragon...how awesome!


and I have this..



Actually I do have another dragon who is AWESOME...and a dragon pot!   yet so different.





I fell in love with the creative way this gardener set out their planting...



Mine are in an assorted tumble of pots on the deck.

Now it has taken a long time for me to understand that while I totally admire and love what a lot of people are doing..it's just not for me. 

I love restrained borders with a repeat of three plants. The stunning look of simplicity. I tell myself I can do it, that I have the ground area for such a venture...



and I end up with a hodge podge of everything because I can't say no to a plant.

Well I can't say no to many (red hot pokers don't do it for me I must say, and not a huge fan of begonias).

But I've come to the conclusion that it is best to get on with how I garden.

It's just the same with writing. While I ooh and ahh over those that rise at six in the morning and sweat out a thousand words before work, I know I will never be one of those. I can admire those that burn the midnight oil, hunched over the keyboard till the wee hours...yep I'm snug in bed, fast asleep.


I can appreciate what others have created, and how they create...I now realise what works for me. Doesn't mean I can't take anything from what I have seen or noted. Sometimes ideas bounce around.


Loved how my pansies bounced off the autumn tinge in the tree beyond. Something that happened by chance (or did it?) Perhaps I did pick up an idea or three.

It has been a learning curve. Understanding my limitations, my preferred method of working, and knowing how best to encourage and push myself.

Doesn't mean I'll stop being amazed at how others garden or write. That I won't occasionally attempt something that I know, deep down, won't work for me. 

But the more you learn about yourself, your strengths and weaknesses, the better it will be.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLANNING AHEAD...

UNTITLED....

FRESH START....