RECONNECTING....

Recently I spent a week with a friend I hadn't seen in a long time. Nearly two years I think, perhaps longer. Some of you will know that I'm great...okay...terrible with phones. Never been known to phone unless practically forced to. Just the way I am, and my friend and I were a bit slapdash with email.

Okay make that quite bad with email.

So I did wonder if there would be awkward silences when we did finally catch up. Would there be nothing to say, as our lives had moved on in so many different ways.


I needn't have worried. It was like we had met last week for a coffee.

It was a great week in Brisbane, a city I had not experienced before.


There was a lot of walking and talking.



And talking and walking.


Many sights were seen...


and some new coffee shops discovered.

And amongst all that talking (and walking) we reconnected with poetry. My friend had been working on a series of poems but hadn't sent any out for a few years....and I'm so bad with sending stuff out. If I get a rejection, that's it, I don't tend to send it out again. (self sabotage perhaps?)

 We read poetry, we talked poetry. Then inspired, we found places to send our poetry.


I came home, not only reconnected with my friend, but with a determination about my writing. The realisation that you have to persevere. Giving up, of course, is easy. Shrugging and saying 'well I did try' means nothing if you tried once.

The question is 'how much do you want this?'

If the answer is a lot....then you work at it.


Would be very lovely to write in an area as beautiful as this full time...


But that's the great thing about a holiday.

You can always go back.

Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....