TEAM WORK...

On Saturday I joined in with the Mobile Bookworms for the Casey Relay for Life.  It wasn't exactly on my list of things to do. I had thought about it when the memo did the rounds. Thought it would be a good idea. And that was that.

Until Mr M (organizer) came into work with a 'your name isn't down, why not?'

I couldn't think of a reason why not so promptly put my name down.


Now I did it easy, unlike so many that stayed the night...a few even went to work the next day...or is that the same day? 

That is dedication. I could say I had my sister and 3 of her kids down and staying for the night...which in fact is true...and an excuse if I want one. 

But I did arrive on the Saturday about 10 am...and walked...and walked...till the closing ceremony at six.


There were rests of course. Not many, and not for long. Soon learnt the longer you rested the more your legs ached when you began walking again. So walk it was.

Unless we were getting our faces painted.


I mean that was IMPORTANT.

VITAL for team morale.

And for fun. 

So we walked and we talked. That was the really amazing thing, the bonding that took place. Most of the people I walked with I work with sometimes, not all the time. A few I never work with. 

Although this guy I have never seen behind the desk...but wouldn't it be cool if he was!

It was a great experience, and already the team are talking about what to do differently next year.

Yes they are planning next year already. And I'm in.

It brought us all together, gave us a common goal. To walk until we couldn't...then tag someone else, pass the baton (it was a relay of course)...have a rest, then walk some more.

It also showed what can be done when you persevere. 


Sometimes the big picture is too big. Too difficult. That is when we begin to make excuses.
It's too hard.
I can't do that.
Me? Walk that far? 

But all it took was a single step. Then another. Then another. 

Repeat.

Before we knew it the goal was achieved. And how did we feel?


The picture says it all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLANNING AHEAD...

UNTITLED....

FRESH START....