WEDDINGS....

Recently we had a wedding in the family. It was the most wonderful day (even with a few hiccups)...with lots of love and smiles, family and friends.



And of course words are so important in these events.

From the signage (example A above)- so guests know they are in the right place....to the name tags at the reception....from the signs telling people which punch was 'kid friendly' .......to the actual vows.

Can I say these vows not only included 'my lover and friend' but also included their cats, their 'bears'.....how true to the couple is that?


I think for most of us the day sailed by. The morning was spent getting the garden ready, then back to the hired house for hair and makeup- which was very relaxed...but then it was 'OMG we have 20 minutes to get you in the dress and ready to go'.

But we got there....


The bride looked stunning....and I don't think the smiles left faces the rest of the day.

I was cool and relaxed, until I parked the car ( I was chauffeur to two bridesmaids) and then the nerves kicked in. I managed to keep it together as I walked under the green canopy...was only when I saw my girl walking down the aisle on her father's arm that I got a bit weepy...then smiles kicked in again.

Until the reception.

Do you know how hard it is to write a good wedding speech? To try and summarise not only what your daughter means to you, but to welcome into the family the man she has married.

Thankfully I spoke first so could relax and listen to speeches from my other half, Father of the Bride, as well as the Maid of Honour, Best Man and then the Bride and Groom themselves.


These speeches were some of the best yet, and once again I feared I got emotional when Lauren and Ash spoke. It's nice to know how important you are to your children, and now our son-in-law.

I know for me, finding the right tone and the right words, took a long time....writing from the heart is always the hardest. I think it came across well---people laughed in the right spots at least---and cheered at the end (always a good sign).


More words....these flowers were made from pages of Lauren's favourite book, Pride and Prejudice....helped made by her group of friends. More words that are important...had to have a bit of Mr Darcy in the wedding somewhere.

It was a wonderful day....all that we could wish for.


I'm ending on a happy note.

Here is my beautiful family....Matt with his cheeky smile, Ash being cool, Lauren stunning, Steve checking on the kids, and myself.....I was getting the flower girl, our lovely Amber ready for her photo.

Sums us up I think.

Vicki

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BLUE....