THREE YEARS AGO...

Three years ago I decided to start blogging about my thoughts, my whinges and yeah moments to do with this thing called writing. Hard to believe it has been three years. Some times it feels as though I began to put down ideas a few months ago, other times it feels as though I have been doing this forever.

I have discovered that I write about everything and anything. As a friend has said, she knows what I've been up to via my blog. And I do add a bit of this, a bit of that...sometimes I write about hard dark moments, other times it is fun and light and dare I say fluffy. Most I think have a verge of fluffyness to them.



A lot has happened in three years---- the house has gained people, lost people, we kept a niece locked up in the garret for a year, then we released her to the wilds, another niece rocks up every now and then for a night or two, one time for three weeks, but mostly the two of us rattle around the house with a rumpled cat who definitely has senior moments.

We have dismantled a deck, then built a kick arse deck which has seen us rock out two 50ths and a few Christmases, we have ripped up carpets, fixed floors and have begun the sloooooowwwww work of painting readying for new carpets.

We have just gained a future son-in-law and over the past few years a grand daughter. Things are never static.

There have been experiences...















I have used all of them in my writing in some form or other---poem, short story, article, non- fiction book.  Experiences are something that can't be invented. They are to be grabbed hold of, hard, and make the most of them. The good and the bad, together.

And what of my writing? I have had work published in anthologies and magazines, online and in print. Have fared well in several competitions, featured at various gigs, and something I had never ever considered, even had my poetry printed on hospital trays.

I am still bad at deadlines, have missed so many and I know will miss so many more. I have no clear idea what I really want to do. My desk is continually being cleaned up, I have notes and ideas scribbled on anything that stays still long enough, I tend to write a bit of poetry then work on my non-fic, then back to the novel in progress, then back to an old poem, then on to an idea for a short story.

Despite putting down and sharing my thoughts for three years, I still have no clear and definite path to follow.
I am still waiting for the words to fall and for me to figure out what to do with them.

Writing this blog is my biggest form of procrastination. That is a definite. Time and effort is involved, planning and decision making. You probably wouldn't think so, but much is involved in putting something this simple together and out there. So why keep doing it?

Good question. I still enjoy it. It helps me avoid everything else I 'know' I should be writing. Should I? Says who? Who says I should be writing this or that,  who is this internal nag? Everything does have a natural ending....maybe this is my time?

Things to think about.

Vicki

Comments

  1. You are a writer so you must write.
    I love reading your blog, your take on things, your perspective & your wisdom. Sharing this with the world matters and you never know who's paying attention. Sending it out without expectation is the important thing.
    Keep going :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....