SPRING HAS SPRUNG...

All it takes is a hint of sunshine, the temperature to rise and flowers to bloom....and anything appears possible.

That is what spring is all about. Renewal. Rejuvenation. Coming into the light after a term of darkness. And even though here in Melbourne, it won't last long....the weekend is looking cold and wet - yet again- spring does offer the hope of new beginnings.

Time to dust off those sneakers and begin to walk again. The lawn mowers make a reappearance- garden beds are tamed and controlled- people begin to sit out and simply enjoying being there.

I find I'm out in the garden more, enjoying simply pottering around, being out amongst the flourish of flowers and the delicate new greenery beginning to thread the trees.

And my writing changes. Goals are more specific. I become focused. Especially with those reminders of how close the end of the year is (don't you love those 'It's only XXXX days to Christmas')

I find it easier to look back on my work, to edit, to plan. To write (even though the outside is calling strongly).

It is purely psychological of course...but sometimes that is all that is needed. A push in the right direction.

A part of it is wanting to banish the darkness of winter. To start afresh. I do find it harder in the cold dark months. Simply wanting to snuggle up and hibernate - often writing is so hard to even consider, let alone do.

So when spring comes along with a flourish- it seems to offer new opportunities. New chances. Everything in the garden comes alive, new growth, new greenery- so isn't it the perfect time to offer new work. New stories, new poetry. To really get a handle on that book.

 I think part of it is that itch for something fresh. Something new. Time to de-clutter- to metaphysically and actually sweep the cobwebs away. Sometimes a new start is all that is needed. To put away what hasn't been working.

For myself, that will mean a clean desk (yes still a WIP) I did begin but get so sidetracked. I find papers and poems and notes and I attempt to read my scrawl and decipher exactly what I meant, sometimes months ago.

It also means to really get into the second draft of my Shillong Way to Go - my story about the India adventure.

Surely those two things are achievable. At least I am in the right mind frame. And as we all know, being in the right head space is vital to any work.

So here's hoping that you too are feeling energetic and ready to get out there- to get those words down- to consider new opportunities.

If not, simply get outside and see what is out there.

Chances are, that alone will inspire you.

See you

Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BLUE....