IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS....

Suddenly without notice, it's that time of the year again.


Yep, Christmas. And if you are anything like me, you're beginning to be a tad frazzled.
There's the planning, the shopping, more planning, more shopping, wrapping, cooking, cleaning and trying to visit everyone (last year we saw my brother and his children in February...a combination of no time and them going away). I hope to do better this year!

There's also the decorating (which I do tend to enjoy- this is our front door )

And of course I'm making a list. Not of who is being naughty or nice ( I'll leave that to the guy in the red suit)- my list is more of comments I've overhead, ideas for stories and poems, even for a non-fiction article.

A lot of these are positive, comments from little ones about how many sleeps till Santa comes, the excitement when a child sees a lit up tree, well wishes from virtual strangers (wearing a Santa hat does help).

But unfortunately Christmas is not all sunshine and lollypops....all good will and hugs and kisses. It also brings out the ugly in people.


There have been numerous people wondering why the library would be closed for Christmas Day, mothers warning their children that 'Santa will not come if you keep behaving like that', there's the road rage, not to mention car park rage. There's anger and frustration...and the loneliness.

These comments and ideas are also on my list, you do have to have the naughty and nice. The salt with the sweet. It's this combination that makes it work.


However for now, the tree is decorated, presents lurk beneath (as yet none for my own children), the stockings are hung ready for the big day.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Christmas...with loved ones, family and friends...


Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLANNING AHEAD...

UNTITLED....

FRESH START....