REAL OR FAKE....

Christmas tree that is. I have always had a real tree and I must admit I can't think of not having one. And yes I know that I will be finding pine needles until late next August but there is something about coming home and having that pine scent - to me that is Christmas.

Although we haven't always had a pine tree for Christmas. When I was a child trees 'magically appeared' after my father went for a drive (we lived in a small country town and at that stage there were no Christmas tree farms or boy scout groups selling them) - and I don't think all the trees were pine. And after I left home we have had a variety of trees - some were even potted trees that I eventually managed to kill- but not all pine. The one thing they have had in common was that they were alive - and by the end of the day covered in tinsel.

As to the art of decorating the tree - it's usually been a family affair. My daughter and myself decorate, husband watches on with words of encouragement and son comes home and says something like 'got a tree.'

This year daughter came for a visit to help decorate the tree (she moved out of home a few months ago). However her idea of tossing baubles and seeing which ones stuck to the tree was not exactly helpful. She then began throwing baubles at her boyfriend who was doing his best to ignore her, and teasing the cat with lengths of tinsel.
However the tree is decorated - we have mega lights (will attempt to remember to take 'night' photo) - and the stockings are hung on the chimney with care....etc etc

Definite lack of presents underneath means I have yet to finish my shopping - quick trip this morning should end that dilemma.

I would like to wish everyone a
Merry Christmas 

And as one of my little Storytimers told me - remember you have to be asleep otherwise Santa won't come - and he does know if you have your eyes shut and are only pretending.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BLUE....