SUBMISSIONS...

So, one of my goals for this month is to submit a piece of work. Very vague, as I have no idea what to submit nor to where. But I know it's time to start sending work out into the world.

So I began last Friday. Began is the right word...I started to search for places for submissions...got side tracked...ended up on a garden site.


Naturally I head out between showers to check out the garden. Yep still there. Still needs work.

Back inside, after coffee and snack (can you have a cuppa without a snack? ) then yes I have found a place to submit.

Then...


Over the weekend I paint a Very Hungry Caterpillar. This week we are celebrating the 50th anniversary of this book, so I HAD to create a caterpillar that the kids at work can feed. How could I not?

Monday and I have a few hours before work so I carefully go through some poems. Which ones to send?
I have three selected to work on.

I then head outside because...


the rains have brought out a collection of funghi.



So far the submission has taken five days but who's counting?

I come home after workTuesday afternoon. Put away groceries, have a cuppa. Check out one of the poems. I change this word, then that...head online to re-check the submission guidelines.

Find a great pattern for knitted baby duck feet slippers. Yes!

Then in the afternoon we have visitors staying for the night...


It's toddler sensory activity time--PLAY TIME.

They leave this morning. I recheck the poems, tweak a few more words...then return one poem to exactly how it was seven days ago!

I have a chat to someone who has hidden due to one crawling visitor...


I head out to the shops as I need ingredients for dinner tonight...come home to those first warning signs of a migraine.

So I'm quickly finishing this and attempting to sleep it off.

As for the submission...yes, still a work in progress.

It may happen... then again....


Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....