TIME TO SLOW DOWN....

Or is it?

I recently had the Christmas breakup for my writing group. It was a chance for some good food, great company and a look back over the year for us all.

Had we reached those goals we set in January? Had we flown by the seat of our pants and achieved others? Had life thumped us in the gut and left us too stunned to do much but place one foot in front of the other?

So with a sigh, it was a time to relax. Our next meeting isn't till the end of January. That is nearly 12 weeks away. 12 weeks to do nothing! Sit back and relax.



Or maybe it's time to head to the beach with some family...


Or perhaps it's time to catch up on some reading.



Time to get out into the garden (when the heat allows)....frankly it needs it!


Or is it time to spend with my nearest and dearest. It is the festive season after all.

Time to spend with this young lady.... or perhaps this one...



But then 12 weeks is a LOOOONG time.  84 days. Think what can be done in 84 days...Okay take away those days working...those days volunteering at Toy Library....those days with grandchildren..... and it's quite a bit less but.....

But the idea that the end of the year means no more goals to aim for is ridiculous.

So I have come up with a TO DO LIST.

There are a few household tasks in there as well...the dreaded pantry...my work desk....screen doors to order.

But I have also given myself the task of re-reading and working another WIP. The novel. I had a cold reader (one whose thoughts and advice I highly value) read it at the beginning of the year and I am determined that before the end of January I will have read the work, worked on her comments and critique and have draft 2 finished.

And now that I have put it out there, in fact put it in print, I can't avoid it.

There will be challenges, I know that. (This year has been quite challenging in a lot of ways)....but just because the year is coming to an end, and every business seems to be slowing down, doesn't mean I have to.

Wish me luck.


Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BLUE....