BIRTHDAYS..

Another year older, another year wiser? Well perhaps not the wise part, but the older part definitely.
And the older you get, the more you enjoy the fact that you do wake up each morning. Even if there are aches and pains and niggles, at least you are physically getting around and it's exciting to see what each new day brings.


Check out the cake..made by my very talented and amazing daughter. It has flowers (love my garden) and it has snails. Long story but, yes snails.

When you are no longer under 20, each birthday is a bit scary. You can't avoid thinking back to then...


To when you were a mum to two young kids.


Back to when you lived in the cottage and was a full time mum.


Then you realise that growing older is a privilege.  Not everyone gets that chance...so you have to make the most of it.

Birthdays these days, have changed for me.

Don't get me wrong I love the presents as much as the next person ... so if anyone wants to surprise me next year with a great birthday holiday / retreat/ present I'm all for it.



So have to find the right place for my dragon.

And I do enjoy going out to have a nice meal.


But what is the most important has changed.

It's spending time with these guys...


Love them both so much. They are two of the best adults I know...with a touch of attitude!

It's spending time with the grandchildren (OMG how amazing is that)


The gorgeous Little Miss


and adorable Grand Baby.  Watching these two grow up is such a joy, and being a part of their lives is fantastic. Another thing so many people take for granted.


Spending time with this guy is always great too. Even after all these years, and there has been a hell of a lot of years, we still find things to laugh about.


Had to include the furry child in my list of people I love to spend time with.

So yes, another year older and I think another year wiser. I realise how lucky I am to have all these people in my life as well as some amazing friends.


So here's to 2017 being another fantastic year with experiences and adventures.

Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLANNING AHEAD...

UNTITLED....

FRESH START....