BUT WHAT IF.....

Does anyone else need to have a reading stash?

I'm not talking about books in the house, I mean hopefully we all have those. And this house has bookcases of them, most I have read several times, but there are a few that I have yet to read...waiting for the day...

But I'm talking about that pile of books on the bedside table. And it has to be a pile because what happens if a book is a dud? You must have several to choose from...don't you?

Usually my bedside table looks like this...


A few months ago I was given two big bags of books...mostly detective stories. Colin Dexter aka Inspector Morse the majority. It was my intention to simply read these...no more books from the library.

My bedside table looked like this...


For a few days. Did I mention most of the books are old?

I thought I was coping fine...until I found a book at work....then (at recommendations from staff I trust) I ordered a few books that I KNEW would take weeks if not months to arrive. Unfortunately  they arrived early. And are waiting to be picked up.

Waiting for me to read them.

Waiting.

I should have had more restraint...not only do I have those two bags of detective books...I have books I bought at Clunes, still unread.

Waiting...


But what if they are horrid? What if they are totally unreadable- force me to throw them aside in disgust - turn to the next to find it too lacks anything to keep me reading.

What do I do then?

Well in reality I have this as a Plan B...


Books, lots of books.

However that's not the point...the point, I think, is that I have to have a variety of 'new' or 'unread' books on my bedside table. Waiting.

Just in case.

Perhaps I should get a bedside light like this one--- kill two birds with one stone.


So is it just me, or does everyone else have that 'pile' by the bed...just in case.

Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

FRESH START....

WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BLUE....