TINY STEPS....

Last blog I talked about the horror of being half way through the year and having achieved nothing....a lot...a small amount of what I had planned for the year. My writing group had a meeting and we actually looked, briefly I admit, at our goals for the year and where we were with them.



It was good to know that I was not alone in my putting off..or procrastination...or whatever I would like to call my inability to get things accomplished.

Mind you several of my group were able to say that they were 'well on track' and had their goal sheet, complete with ticks and notes. Did make me feel worse, however I have no one else to blame but myself.

So after carefully looking at my goals- and I only had five this year- unfortunately they are big ones. And I think this is often where I become lost....I lose sight of what I am aiming for because it is too large or too far away or even 'gee a year is a looooonnnnnnggggg time'.

But what if I break it down into pieces....look at the close up.


So instead of thinking I have one hundred and fifty five days left---- that translates into roughly 22 weeks....and five months remaining.

Can I have a month by month plan? Decide what exactly I want to achieve----or have to achieve- to meet the deadline of the end of the year?

Third on my list of GOALS FOR THE YEAR was to finish my non-fiction piece, edit, polish and send it off. I've just begun the re-reading of this work (and cringing at how bad it is)...but to get this achieved and ticked off I need to get to work.


So I have August staring at me....daring me. Bravely I'll take it on.....

This August I will work on and FINISH my re-working of Shillong.

There I have said it out loud, not only that I have put it into words and shared those said words.

You can get on my back, niggle and nag, and at the end of the month ask what I've done....and fingers crossed this will give me the kick to get at least one thing off my list.



So it's small steps, or more correctly breaking the big stuff down into chewable bites...and hoping that I can get some of my goals back on track.

Roll on August...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BLUE....

FRESH START....