HALF TIME....


Yep we know it's winter. The days are long and grey, it's been wet and windy, a bit of wild weather and lately it has been damned cold as well.


Most of us are struggling to stay warm, even when the winter sun lures us outside (under false pretences I must say, it is still damned cold!). 

The trees are bare, the grass is lush. The world has slowed.


As does my writing. There is something about winter that tells me to take it easy. Which is quite absurd as there are plenty of places to send pieces, lots of competitions out and about and none of the publishers (those that are still willing to take unsolicited manuscripts) have closed for the Christmas / New Year period. That is all to come.

So why do I feel so inclined? Is it a case of SAD....seasonal affective disorder? Is it pure laziness? Is it a case of losing the old mojo and wondering how the hell to get it back?

Truthfully....it's a bit of all of the above. Mostly laziness I fear.


And to add a touch of terror to the equation...there are---as of today, Wednesday 22nd July....one hundred and sixty two days left in the year. 

That's all. Till the end of the year. Want to be really scared----22 weeks till Christmas.  If you say it very quickly it won't be as terrifying. (sorry but it is still scary)

So, one hundred and sixty odd days till the end of 2015....we are half way through the year and what have I done?


This just about sums it up....not a lot. Firstly I have to find my list of goals. And after much searching (you do all know my desk and writing areas is a TOTAL MESS don't you?) I find them....neatly pinned to the notice board. Top marks for organisation.

Reading my goals- only five writing ones this year. They were major ones though- four having to do with novels, two for children, one non-fiction and one adult novel. So you can imagine how much of these I have actually done.

You can't? Go on, have a guess. Actually not as bad as all that (I'm being optimistic here, and know I still have half a year left to do something).


I think this is a timely reminder. Time to review what I had down as my goals...are they still feasible....still a going concern.

Life gets in the way, but also it helps re-direct, refocus and sometimes set you on a totally different journey than first thought. 

However I have not been redirected or refocused----there have been some glitches but I'm afraid nothing major to put into capitals and BLAME for this drop in belief and productivity.

I have to take a realistic step back, consider what I WANT to do, and what I believe I can achieve.



There is still well over a hundred days left...there's days, weeks, months left to write. 

My big issue is to make the most of it....and try to conquer my procrastination and down right laziness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BLUE....

FRESH START....