CHOCOLATE OVERLOAD....

Where on earth is the year going? I'm sure it was only a week ago that I pulled down the Christmas tree, swept up the last of the pine needles and hid the wrapping paper covered in laughing Santas. But without missing a beat the year has marched ahead, against my will I must add....and we have just had Easter.


A time, in my household, for too much chocolate and great family get-togethers. This year not only did we have son and his family( my excuse for an Easter egg hunt, as if I needed one), daughter and her husband (that is so strange to write let alone say)....even if separate occasions a day apart- but also other half's mother and my dad popped in.

To top it off, we had some lovely weather. Won't talk about the unwanted wasps that made the al fresco Easter lunch turn into, quick grab the plates and head inside.

Of course now that we have over indulged on chocolate...we open glazed eyes to discover that it is now April and half way through autumn.

(side note- why do so many bunnies look terrifying?)

Yep four months in---only eight more to go before the year is OVER.

Or how about we have 267 days left-----38 weeks and 1 day to be precise.

That's it folks----all that remains of 2015.

Do you find it as terrifying as I do? Or are you one of those people that have life so planned that you can look at your TO DO list and smile confidently as another item is checked off.

My TO DO list is full of all the things I have not done. And it keeps on growing. I began the year, as always, with good intentions. Have a plan, my set goals and was prepared for the hard work to meet them head on and get things accomplished.

At least that's how I began the year. And life has thrown a few curve balls my way...some fun and good (a wedding comes to mind) ...others have not been fun, good or even enjoyable. But that is life. Just when you think you have everything under control it pulls the rug from under you and we land, hard, on our bum with a sense of inevitability.

It sounds as though I'm doing nothing but----I have enrolled in a course through Writers Victoria  and am finding it good for focus and pushing me to actually write. Mainly because there are deadlines involved. Midnight on a certain day. If you haven't sent your story or your feedback, too bad. Too late.

I have another deadline with some reviewing I am doing for Magpies magazine.

For me deadlines are the push I need. I'm thinking of inventing some so that I can make myself actually do some of the things I intend to do. The trouble is that I would then know they are mere inventions (I find it hard to lie to myself).

But for the moment....I intend to sit back....have a cuppa.....perhaps a slice of the great chocolate cake made for us by someone special....

You see, there is always room for more chocolate.

And deadlines are there to be met....or not.


Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BLUE....

FRESH START....