POETRY AND TECHNOLOGY....

I must admit to being a bit old fashioned in the poetry department. Not that I write in iambic meter or put together a pantoum or two - I so have trouble rhyming and my rhythm is all over the place - but my work is plain. There is no extra dimension.


I'm always intrigued, amazed and wowed by what poets are doing with their work. How they are presenting it to an audience that, can at times we must admit be a tad jaded. So many poets are doing so many exciting, and to my eyes, new things. Some like Sean Whelan - who uses music as another expression of his work. He weaves it so effortlessly- it's not a 'poetry and some music' it becomes a whole. Becomes more than just poetry. Always great to experience.


And it's not just music that is being incorporated. Koraly Dimitriades - has filmed some of her poetry. Allowing the audience to not only hear her work but see as well. Another dimension, offers more depth, perhaps more of an insight into her work.

Magazines such as Cordite and Going Down Swinging - have long had an audio format to their issues. Offering up the spoken word as an aural experience, so often lost on the page alone.


There is so much out there, so much more that poets are offering to the world. Always inspiring, always exciting.

Me? I'm not into technology (should have seen me try to work out how to turn on my Mac when new). As for filming myself? Shudder at the thought. So until I'm brave enough to do more than put words on the page, I'll happily listen and watch.

And ooh and ahh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLANNING AHEAD...

UNTITLED....

FRESH START....