DEADLINES...

Honestly I don't know what it is about deadlines but I miss so many of them. Writing ones that is. And...um....er...perhaps other ones.

At the moment we have a LOT of birthdays coming up. Little Guggle turns 3..yes 3!....Leobear turns 1....and Little Miss turns 10...I repeat OMG! Where has the time gone.

Thankfully I'm nearly there with the present department. Have Guggle's already (thankfully as her birthday is next week!)...have Little Miss's sorted as well...and have a bit of Leabear's.

A bit I say, as I intend to make something and um...er....it is not finished.

Now with other deadlines I'm fine. Leabear recently had a Christmas in July and in 9 days I had knitted the cutest reindeer jumper.


Deadline met!

But this other deadline..hmmmm...I may make it (don't hold me to it). The trouble is I get so easily distracted.

There has been some amazing weather so of course I've spent weekends in the garden.


I mean how could you not?


I've also been away with my writing group, which has rejuvenated my writing mojo. I've thought about a lot of what I want to do, what I'm working on, how to add depth to the WIP.


And of course I have given myself no real deadline to get that finished. Perhaps the end of the year was casually mentioned in one of my goals, but heh..nothing is set in concrete.

I also LOVE to spend time with my grandkids. In fact we are having Little Guggle for the weekend...which means lots of this...


and not much else.

She does like to help in the garden to a certain amount...but I fear she won't be able to help me with the 'making' of this present. Nor with any actual writing..although she does give me ideas!

It's interesting because if a fellow writer asks me to read/ critique their work I do so. If there is a deadline with their work involved, I meet it.  Is this because I don't think as much about my work as I do about others?

Interestingly I think this may be the case. Everyone else's work is more important. I value their writing and the time involved above my own. They are more serious about their writing. They call themselves writers while I merely indulge... (Oh my, a lot to go into another day).

I have had so many good intentions this year with deadlines. Such and such a competition is open....such and such magazine is looking for submissions. I bookmark the sites, note down details and then in the whirl and scurry that is life, the deadlines fly past in close formation.

Gone.

Now I do know that this little boy..


wasn't he adorable? will not realise that I didn't finish a gift for him for his first birthday. But I will know.

I have an hour before I head off to a work meeting so there is a chance to work on it.

But the sun is shining. The garden demanding a walk in it....washing to be put out.....

Perhaps he'll get it by the time he's two?


Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BLUE....