TIME OUT...

Last week I headed east...to my sister's place for five days. I knew before hand that she and my brother in law and my niece would be working...that it would be me and two teenage nephews (with an X Box fixation).

So I planned accordingly. I took down lots of books, some colouring books I'd received as Christmas presents and my writing. I took down notebooks and hard copies and pens and papers...knowing I would have lots of time in the relative peace and quiet to write.


However there was quite a lot of this...


a bit of this...


a lot of this...


and even a bit of...


So I bonded with the animals and the hammock.

Always a good move.

I went for a drive with my sister one day...so that meant a bit of..


some of this....


and a bit of this...


I didn't write - well I think I wrote a paragraph.  That's it. But I read and I read, I read and I read.

It was a total relax. Nothing major to think about, no plans to make, no fuss or bother. 

And I did NOT feel guilty about not writing. I refused to. I simply allowed myself to be.

I think this week of 'doing bugger all' gave me the chance to refuel. On the Sunday I attended the first Poetry in the Hills (more on this later) at the Belgrave Library. (Next one is March 20th- 2 pm - Belgrave Library - $5 entry) 

I co-hosted which is an interesting experience in itself- but I was also inspired. It is such an eclectic group. Mostly poetry, one short story...humour and politics, death and birth, unrequited love and happy ever afters. It was all there.

I've come a long way to be able to go away and not write...and more importantly- not feel guilty about it. I have this inner voice that screams at me 'when you aren't working you should be writing'.
I can't help but compare myself to those who write on public transport to and fro work - those that get up an hour early (or stay up an hour late) to put more words on their manuscript - those that lock themselves away on weekends to pound away at the typewriter. 

And of course I feel that I lack. Lack the necessary NEED to write, that I lack the PASSION, the DESIRE.

However my five days of R and R gave me a chance to rewind, regroup and to come back knowing what I want to do. 

To have another cuppa and sit back and simply enjoy this life



Maybe even write something...one day


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....