FOUR YEARS ON....

Yep...hard to believe but it has been four years (and two days) of writing stuff each week. And except for some times when travelling and having no access to the internet...I have indeed written something each week.

I'm not saying I've written amazing, jaw dropping, world shattering pieces. I've simply put down what I've been doing or thinking...really it's how I try to figure out this 'writing' thing that I do. And hopefully it resonates with a person or two, even if every now and then.


I have written on a variety of topics or themes over the years... from books I've read to where do ideas come from....from doing Nanowrimo in 2011 (and yes that novel still sits there, glumly staring at me) to editing...from writing that synopsis to the unreliable narrator...from books for young adults to the winter blues.

I have chatted about why libraries are FANTASTIC ---and frankly could talk so much more on this subject. A tad bias perhaps, but let's face it, what a great community service they provide.

I have discussed the ups and downs.. and the downs...and the slippery slope that seems to take me faster and faster in a negative aspect....I've moaned about deadlines and goals....about guilt and expectations...and about never, ever, ever, comparing yourself to another.

All on this blog. 

There are of course recurring themes. I have been struggling to de-clutter and organise myself for the entire four years.

Have I succeeded? Of course not....am I allowed to use the old cliche and say I'm a work in progress? Maybe not. 

I have also spent the past four years (and longer) trying to find a system that works for me so that I actually do make deadlines. 

Interestingly the only one I meet, is writing this blog.

Yes...each week I write the blog. Could be very short...could be very fluffy...just a notion or an overheard conversation...could be something a bit more meatier. But each week I manage to meet this self imposed deadline (must figure out why this is and see if I can spread that determination to other areas of my life).


I am on one hand appalled that I've rambled on for four years with a belief that people out there (you dear reader) are interested in my mumblings...on the other hand I'm impressed that I've actually managed to keep going.  That I have found 'things' to write about...to ramble and mumble about.

If only I could harness this ability for good...

On that thought - like many of my thoughts- I will attempt to understand why some writing is so much easier than others. And why I'm so damned good at procrastination. 

And leave you with this image...

Because I can....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLANNING AHEAD...

UNTITLED....

FRESH START....