CREATIVE CHAOS....

Well I wish it was. Unfortunately it is merely chaotic mess.

My desk that is.

For the past few years I have intended (notice intended) to de-clutter my life. To tidy, to organise, to create a space that oozes creativity. And parts, small parts of my life have been streamlined and organised.


My earrings (and yes I have lots, collecting them for nearly 40 years does that) have been lovely and structured for years. Know exactly where to go for a colour or style...it works divinely.

Back to my writing desk---my in tray (warning- there will be some un-tidy-ness)


Hmmm nothing structured or defined is there?

I'm trying to be very honest here- quite embarrassing really. Yes I'm not a neat freak---cleaning is not on my top ten favourite things to do. In fact it's probably about seventy three-just after taking out the garbage.

But I understand it is a necessary act to accomplish. So I scrub and clean, vaccuum and sweep the house each week. Just that some parts are left until necessary----spiderwebs are okay until they decide to become obvious.....when I realise gee those windows are pretty dire....or wow where the hell is my desk?

But some parts that I have de-cluttered in my attempt at getting the place under control - are still in a good way....when something is taken out- it gets replaced.


The bookcase at the front door----I took everything out over a year ago- stained the wood a few shades darker. Culled and put what I wanted back - and it's been this way since then. And when a gardening book is taken out, it is put back in it's place.

Young Miss has learnt when she takes out the What Bird is That? book, she knows where it goes back. The system here works....

back to my desk...

Do I need all this? I don't even know what most of it is...so yes culling ahead - but it's the time involved, not to mention the effort.

Does anyone else when they begin to tidy writing stuff, get caught up in ideas and 'yes, that's not bad' and 'there's a poem in this' or even 'why did I stop writing this?'.

I do have a plan---very ethereal and fluffy white cloud kind of plan - that involves working on one small area at a time until- heh presto - work space that is cleared and tidy and just waiting for all that creativity.

Mind you I could never do minimalistic---just not me---but let's hope for a compromise.

Maybe.

I won't even mention my desk at work---well okay I will- past few weeks because there has been so much on- I've arranged piles. Basket for MCHC visit- pile of books for Tinies- pile of books for one storytime, pile of books for other stortyime, basket for Kinder visit...and to add to the fun two extra storytimes meant - yes two extra piles of books.  So my desk was, let's just say, you wouldn't know what colour it was underneath all those books and baskets....but...the system worked.

I knew to pick up this pile, this song list and head out- storytime ready.

So perhaps my writing desk at home is a bit the same. I do know where things are, in a general direction....

But of course a bit of tidying up never killed anyone...

or did it?

Wish me luck and I'll try and post about this later on- whether it's a success or a dire failure

Vicki
http://vickithornton.weebly.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....